Become a Barbecue Baller With These Blue Cheese Stuffed, Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Like buffalo chicken tenders? Finger food? Frank's Red Hot Sauce? All of the above? If you picked the latter, BBQ Tricks knows the exact way to your heart (including your arteries, although they could become clogged along the way). Boasting robust flavor in every bite, these buffalo-obsessed, blue cheese-stuffed chicken meatballs are a tour de force of cheese, spice, and buttery heaven. Fire up the grill and ready the ranch dressing -- this simple recipe is sure to elevate your cookout to the next level.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon powder
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 block blue cheese, cut into cubes
- Buffalo sauce (½ cup butter, 1 cup Frank's Red Hot Sauce, 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper)
- 1 teaspoon parsley, to garnish
- Ranch dressing, to serve
- Cut carrots and celery sticks, to serve (optional)
- Heat grill to medium.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine ground chicken, Bisquick, bouillon, water, and cheddar cheese. Use your hands to mix well until the contents are uniformly incorporated.
- Form chicken mixture into balls around an individual cube of blue cheese. Repeat until all of the mixture has been used.
- Grill the chicken balls on medium heat, covered, for approximately 30 minutes until firm. Each ball should reach an internal temperature of 160°F.
- Using a cast-iron skillet on direct heat, melt butter, stirring in Frank's Red Hot Sauce and cayenne pepper. Dredge the chicken balls in the hot sauce.
- Sprinkle with parsley to garnish, and serve. Optional: pair with ranch dressing, cut celery sticks, and carrots on the side.