Eat Like a Grown Up and Make These Beef and Spinach Pinwheels
Eating like a grown-ass adult doesn't have to be a struggle, and these beef and spinach pinwheels prove the point. Made with an assortment of seasoned vegetables, lean flank steak, and a homemade creamy mustard sauce, these tasty pinwheels are as easy as boiling water (well, almost).
Beef and Spinach Pinwheels
- ½ cup chopped mushrooms
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ⅓ cup finely chopped carrot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 (10-oz.) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- ½ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. curry powder
- ⅛ tsp. white pepper
- 1 (1-1 ½ lb.) flank steak
- sour cream
- dijon mustard
- lemon juice
- Sauté mushrooms, onion and carrot in hot oil until tender. Add spinach, salt, curry powder and pepper; combine thoroughly and set aside.
- Make shallow cuts diagonally across steak in a diamond pattern at 1-inch intervals. Repeat on second side.
- Pound steak into a 12x8-inch rectangle with a meat mallet. Spread spinach mixture over steak to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Starting at short end, roll up steak jellyroll-style; secure with wooden picks at 1-inch intervals. Cut between picks into eight 1-inch slices.
- Place slices, cut side down, on metal tray. Cook for 16 to 18 minutes at U=8, L=8, M=2 or until desired doneness. Serve with Creamy Mustard Sauce.
- For creamy mustard sauce, combine 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/2 cup mayonnaise, 1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard and 1/2 tsp. lemon juice in a small bowl and blend thoroughly.