This Tiny Kitchen Gadget Turns Radishes Into 'Super Mario' Mushrooms
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 2 ounces bourbon
- 1 cup water
- 4 beets, finely chopped
- ~¾ cup granulated sugar
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- ½ ounce ginger liqueur
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced, to garnish
Directions:To make the beet juice simple syrup:
- Clean and peel the beets, and chop them finely.
- Combine the beets and 1 cup of water in a blender or food processor. Pulse until well-combined.
- Using a cheesecloth and fine mesh strainer, extract the solids from the beet juice.
- In a Mason jar or other sealable vessel, combine the beet juice with equal parts granulated sugar. Seal, shake to combine, and set aside.
To make the cocktail:
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine the bourbon, beet simple syrup, ginger liqueur, cayenne pepper, and lime juice. Cover and shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain the mixture into a rocks glass over ice and garnish with a slice of the red bell pepper. Serve immediately.