This Garden Sour Is the Perfect Excuse to Eat Your Veggies
Berry Elderflower Fizz
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1 cup sliced strawberries, stems removed
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 raspberries, to muddle
- 1 strawberry, to muddle
- ½ ounce St. Germain elderflower liqueur
- ¼ ounce lemon juice
- Prosecco or Champagne of your choice
- To make the raspberry-strawberry syrup, combine the raspberries, strawberries, water, and sugar in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a simmer, stir, and remove from heat. Let cool before straining the mixture with a fine-mesh strainer, tamping down on the solids to extract all the juice. Store the liquid in a Mason jar or other sealable vessel.
- To make the cocktail, muddle the berries and syrup in a cocktail shaker. Add the vodka, St. Germain, lemon juice, and ice. Shake vigorously.
- Strain the mixture into a Champagne flute and top with the sparkling wine of your choice. Serve.