Big Boi From OutKast Introduces Cliff to Atlanta’s Food Scene
Big Fat Greek Fatty
- 1 lb ground lamb
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tbsp oregano
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped (for garnish)
- ½ box cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, seeded, strained & cut into julienne strips
- For tzatziki sauce:
- 1 cucumber, seeded & well drained
- juice from 1 lemon
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled & minced
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- In a large bowl, mix first 10 ingredients and blend well. Roll out flat on a baking sheet. Start on the left side and top with filling in rows: cherry tomatoes, sliced red onion and julienned cucumber. Repeat rows leaving a space at the end.
- Roll up tightly and grill approximately 1 hour (over medium indirect heat) until meat is cooked through to an internal temperature of 160 degrees F.
- To make the tzatziki sauce, seed a cucumber and roll in paper towels to dry before coarsely chopping. Stir chopped cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, dill and pepper together until well blended. Stir in yogurt and salt and pepper. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- To serve, slice and serve with pita bread points, halved cherry tomatoes and homemade tzatziki. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and enjoy.