Elevate Your Snack Game With These Bacon Gouda Tater Tots
Black-and-White Cookie Pie Recipe
Total Time: 40 minutes, plus chilling time
Yield: 8 servings
- ½ cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 3 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups (about 7 ounces) Nilla wafer cookie crumbs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 ½ tablespoons boiling water
- 1 ½ sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
- ⅓ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- Make the crust:
Melt butter and white chocolate in the microwave or on the stovetop; stir until combined and smooth. Stir in cookie crumbs. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Chill until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Make the chocolate layer:
Heat cream and butter in the microwave or on the stovetop until mixture is hot (do not boil). Put chocolate and vanilla in a medium glass or metal bowl. Pour hot cream over chocolate and vanilla. Let it sit for 5 minutes then whisk until smooth. Pour into bottom of the crust and chill until chocolate ganache is firm, about 30 minutes.
- Make the cream layer:
Sprinkle gelatin over boiling water in a small bowl. Whisk with a fork until gelatin has dissolved. Beat butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add cream, lemon juice, vanilla, and gelatin; mix until well combined. Spread over the chocolate layer and chill for another 30 minutes.
- Make the icing:
Place the powdered sugar and boiling water in a bowl; stir well to combine. Spread half of the icing on half of the pie. Return pie to the fridge. Add cocoa powder to the remaining icing; stir well to combine. Spread chocolate icing over the other half of the pie. Let it set in the fridge for another 10 minutes before slicing.