Blackberries Ricotta Flatbread with Basil
- Pre-made flatbread
- 2 cartons of fresh blackberries, 1 carton will end up being smashed
- 1 8 ounce ball of fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan
- ½ cup ricotta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped basil
- 1 purple onion
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1½ teaspoons salt
- Heat your grill.
- Get those pickled onions done first: throw the water, salt, sugar, and vinegar into a bowl; whisk the sugar and salt into oblivion.
- Slice the onion up and stick it into a jar, then pour the mixture in. Let that sit for at least a day (or an hour if you're jonesing) and then enjoy for up to a week in the fridge.
- Back to the flatbread: If you got the pre-cooked flatbread, keep moving to step #5! If no, stretch your dough onto a nonstick baking sheet or parchment paper lined baking sheet and make into a rectangle.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of olive oil over the bread/dough and coat the top.
- Pulverize 1 carton of blackberries in a bowl. Ladle the pulp on using a slotted spoon -- take the pulp, leave the juice.
- Top the mashed berries with the Parmesan and slices of fresh mozzarella. Take a spoon and drop the ricotta on as well.
- Open the second carton of blackberries and top the pizza with a handful of those as well as the pickled onions you made earlier. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Grill until cheese is melted (IF you bought a pre-cooked dough). IF you bought pre-made raw dough then make sure to grill until the dough is cooked and cheese is melted.
- Take it off the heat and throw the chopped basil on top. Now take that thing to the pool.