Fireball Whiskey Apple Pies: A Dessert Fit for a Frat Party
Blackberry Basil Whiskey
- fresh basil leaves
- 1 lemon half, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. basil infused simple syrup
- 2 oz. bourbon
- crushed ice
- First make your basil infused simple syrup by boiling 1/2 cup of basil leaves in 1 cup of water. Strain the water, add 1 cup of sugar and stir.
- Next muddle half a lemon, cut into 1/3 slices, with about 4 blackberries. Add crushed ice and pour in the basil simple syrup along with 2 oz of bourbon. Then stir.
- Top with more crushed ice and garnish with a sprig of basil and a skewer of blackberries.
- Serve and enjoy!