Really Dough's Mark & Scott Take a Bunch of Shots, Do Blind Pizza Taste Test, Argue a Lot
Blackberry Mint Daiquiri
Total Time: Prep time: 30 min; Total time to make: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 1.5 ounces of white rum
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, plus 6 additional mint leaves for muddling
- Make your fresh cranberry juice. Add 12 ounces of fresh (or frozen) cranberries to a large saucepan with four cups of water. Bring it to a boil and let the cranberries cook, covered, until the berries pop. Remove from heat and strain out the solids once the mixture cools. Set aside.
- Make the mint simple syrup. Bring the remaining cup of water, the sugar, and mint leaves to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and strain out the mint leaves. Set aside.
- In a shaker, muddle three of the fresh blackberries. Add in 6 fresh mint leaves, white rum, 4 ounces of the fresh cranberry juice, and .75 ounces of the mint simple syrup. Add ice and shake. Pour the drink, with the ice, into a cup. Garnish with the three remaining blackberries on a skewer and serve.