This Berry Daiquiri Has a Serving of Fruit and Booze
From Cap'n Crunch to the Manilow family, berries make everything better. The daiquiri is no exception. This recipe includes muddled blackberries and fresh made cranberry juice (though if you reach for the Ocean Spray instead, we're not going to judge). A rousing rendition of "Mandy" is optional.
Blackberry Mint Daiquiri
Total Time: Prep time: 30 min; Total time to make: 5 minutes
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 6 fresh blackberries
- 1.5 ounces of white rum
- 12 ounces of fresh cranberries
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves, plus 6 additional mint leaves for muddling
- Make your fresh cranberry juice. Add 12 ounces of fresh (or frozen) cranberries to a large saucepan with four cups of water. Bring it to a boil and let the cranberries cook, covered, until the berries pop. Remove from heat and strain out the solids once the mixture cools. Set aside.
- Make the mint simple syrup. Bring the remaining cup of water, the sugar, and mint leaves to a boil in a small saucepan. Remove from heat and strain out the mint leaves. Set aside.
- In a shaker, muddle three of the fresh blackberries. Add in 6 fresh mint leaves, white rum, 4 ounces of the fresh cranberry juice, and .75 ounces of the mint simple syrup. Add ice and shake. Pour the drink, with the ice, into a cup. Garnish with the three remaining blackberries on a skewer and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.