Going from Summer to Fall is Easy With A Blackberry Moscow Mule
Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch inspired us to take a fruity Moscow mule and give it a fall twist. Made with blackberries, vodka, ginger beer, cinnamon, cloves, and star anise, this mule is the perfect cocktail to help you make the move from summer to fall.
Blackberry Moscow Mule
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 2 shots vodka
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- star anise
- Crush a pint of blackberries and 1 tbsp. of sugar with a muddler or the back of a spoon. Place the crushed berries in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add a stick of cinnamon, cloves and star anise. Allow mixture to bubble. The berries will become like a liquid and allow to simmer until it thickens once more.
- Remove pan from heat and place syrup (spices included) in the fridge to cool completely.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour 2 oz. of vodka and fill the glass halfway with ginger beer. Gently pour in blackberry mixture until glass is full and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.