Blackberry Moscow Mule
- 1 pint blackberries
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 2 shots vodka
- 1 bottle ginger beer
- star anise
- Crush a pint of blackberries and 1 tbsp. of sugar with a muddler or the back of a spoon. Place the crushed berries in a small sauce pan over medium heat.
- Add a stick of cinnamon, cloves and star anise. Allow mixture to bubble. The berries will become like a liquid and allow to simmer until it thickens once more.
- Remove pan from heat and place syrup (spices included) in the fridge to cool completely.
- Fill a tall glass with ice and pour 2 oz. of vodka and fill the glass halfway with ginger beer. Gently pour in blackberry mixture until glass is full and serve.