Where the Wild Things Grow
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered Ranch dip mix
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups your choice of Buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing, for topping
- Minced chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, ranch mix, egg, and breadcrumbs. Stir until mixed well. Using your hands, mold the mixture into meatballs.
- Press a small ball of blue cheese into the center of each meatball, and fold the mixture around the cheese. Press together, and roll into a ball so that the cheese is completely covered.
- Place the meatballs on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove, let cool, then dip each meatball into a bowl of Buffalo wing sauce. Drizzle with ranch dressing, sprinkle with minced chives, and serve.