Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs Will Save Your Wardrobe
Peek into the laundry of anyone who adores Buffalo wings, and you're bound to see shirts stained with blue cheese. It's a common casualty for anyone who knows the true value of a properly dressed (read: sauce-covered) wing, but fret not: We have a solution for you! Enter Food Steez's blue cheese-stuffed Buffalo chicken meatballs: the same, bold flavor combo you love -- without the messy hazards of dipping. Your shirts will thank you. Your pants might not. Here's how to make 'em.
Blue Cheese-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground chicken
- 1 egg
- ½ cup Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered Ranch dip mix
- 1 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cups your choice of Buffalo wing sauce
- ¼ cup ranch dressing, for topping
- Minced chives, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken, ranch mix, egg, and breadcrumbs. Stir until mixed well. Using your hands, mold the mixture into meatballs.
- Press a small ball of blue cheese into the center of each meatball, and fold the mixture around the cheese. Press together, and roll into a ball so that the cheese is completely covered.
- Place the meatballs on a nonstick cookie sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden and cooked through.
- Remove, let cool, then dip each meatball into a bowl of Buffalo wing sauce. Drizzle with ranch dressing, sprinkle with minced chives, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.