This Blueberry and Rum Cocktails Stars Lemonade Ice Cubes
If you’re the kind of person whose idea of a fancy cocktail is mixing liquor with LaCroix, it’s time to upgrade your drink game. Luckily, this recipe for a blueberry rum fizz is simple but also sophisticated (and it will impress all of your friends). Plus, it includes lemonade ice cubes, which is reason enough on its own to make this refreshing rum drink.
BLUEBERRY RUM FIZZ
Total Time: 25 min; Active Time: 20 min
- 1 cup fresh blueberries, plus some extra for a garnish
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups water
- 4 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 3 ounces simple syrup
- 2 ounces white rum
- Club soda
- It’s time to make lemonade ice cubes. In a medium-sized bowl, combine three ounces of lemon juice, the simple syrup, and one cup of water. Stir it together and then pour it into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Make your blueberry syrup. Gently smash the cup of blueberries. Add the fruit to a small saucepan. Then add in the sugar and a cup of water. Bring the mixture to a boil and then remove it from the heat and let it cool. Strain the fruit chunks out of the syrup and set the syrup aside.
- In a shaker, combine the rum, the remaining lemon juice, and .75 ounces of the blueberry simple syrup. Shake and then pour into a cup filled with the lemonade ice cubes. Top off with club soda and garnish with the remaining fresh blueberries.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.