Buffalo Chicken Beer Cheese Fondue Fries Are Like an Edible Sports Bar
Total Time: 15 minutes; Active Time: 5 minutes
- 2 ounces vodka
- 0.75 ounce fresh-squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ounces red wine
- The peels of one washed lemon
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- First, make a lemon simple syrup. As the name indicates, it's pretty… simple. Toss the peels, sugar, and water in a sauce pan. Get it up to a simmer, then remove it from the heat and allow it to cool. Then strain it, unless you want to eat boiled lemon peels.
- After the syrup is cool, combine 1 ounce of it with the vodka and lemon juice in a shaker full of ice. Shake it, then strain it over rocks.
- Pour the red wine on top to make it look fancy and, if you're feeling extra suave, garnish it with a lemon wheel.