Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Boozy Boba Tea
- 1 cup dried black tapioca pearls per serving (NOT quick-cooking boba)
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- milk/almond milk/sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 cup peach nectar
- 2 scoops peach sorbet, softened
- 2 scoops strawberry ice cream
- 1 cup chilled mint tea
- 2 tablespoons agave
- pinch of kosher salt
- Boil 10 cups of water with 3 bags of mint tea. Once boiling, add in a cup of boba and allow to boil until all the boba float to the surface.
- Once the boba have floated to the surface, cover the pot for 2 minutes. Then lower the stove heat to simmer and simmer the boba for 2 more minutes.
- Strain the boba and place into a bowl of cold ice water for 30 seconds. Strain again and place in dry bowl.
- Submerge the boba in 1 cup of bourbon for at least an hour.
- Make a cup of mint tea and chill until cold.
- Combine the frozen peaches, frozen strawberries, bourbon, and nectar in a blender and pulse 4 or 5 times to combine.
- Add the peach sorbet, strawberry ice cream, mint tea, agave and salt and allow to blend for about a minute or until smooth.
- Place about a ½ cup of boba into the bottom of a glass and slowly pour the mixture over. Place in a boba straw and drink up!