This Boozy Salted Nutella Latte Is Your New Favorite Dessert, Cocktail, and Coffee All In One
Imagine a drink that satisfies your sweet tooth and caffeine cravings, and gets your buzz on with just one cup. We're big fans of coffee, tequila, Nutella, and efficiency in general, so it's easy to see why we were totally hooked when we first heard about this boozy salted Nutella latte. It's an espresso, dessert, and cocktail all in one, and its deliciousness is paralleled only by how Instagram-able it is. You won't need a filter, but you might need a napkin.
Boozy Salted Nutella Latte
- ¾ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon Nutella
- ½ teaspoon vanilla simple syrup (1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 1 cup sugar, 1 cup water)
- Large pinch of Kosher salt
- 2 ounces freshly brewed espresso
- 2 ounces XO Cafe Patrón
- 1 cup pure cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Heaping dollop of vanilla whipped cream (1 cup heavy whipping cream, 1 tablespoon vanilla extract, 4 tablespoons confectioner's sugar)
- Heat sugar and water in a small saucepan until dissolved. Stir in vanilla extract. Place the syrup in the refrigerator and let cool.
- Heat milk, Nutella, simple syrup, espresso, and Kosher salt in a saucepan, whisking constantly until fully mixed. Pour the mixture into cup of XO Cafe Patrón.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine heavy whipping cream, vanilla extract and confectioner's sugar, and blend with a hand-mixer until fluffy.
- Top with with heaping dollop of vanilla whipped cream and finish with a generous sprinkle of espresso grounds.