This Hot Fudge Milkshake is Your Ticket to Sweet Bourbon Bliss
Bourbon bliss is only minutes away with DrinksMadeEasy's seriously homemade bourbon milkshake. Made with homemade hot fudge sauce, homemade whipped cream, vanilla ice cream, and bourbon, you're on your way to blended bourbon heaven.
Bourbon Hot Fudge Milkshake
- 2 cups vanilla ice cream
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1-2 ounces bourbon
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tsp bourbon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Maraschino cherries and mini chocolate chips to garnish
- To make the whipped cream, whip together heavy cream, powdered sugar, bourbon and vanilla until soft peaks form. Keep in refrigerator until ready to assemble.
- To make the hot fudge sauce, blend together cocoa powder, brown sugar, and sugar in a pan with whisk until all lumps are gone and add the cold water. Heat to a boil and boil on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add butter and mix in thoroughly.
- Turn heat to low and continue to have mixture simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and pour into storage container. Keep refrigerated.
- To make the shake, add your vanilla ice cream, milk, vanilla, and bourbon in a blender and mix until smooth. Now assemble the drink!
- Pour a couple of Tbsp of the hot fudge sauce around inside edge of glass. Fill glass with the milkshake mixture and finish with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with chocolate chips or sprinkles and add a cherry on the top. Serve with a straw and enjoy!
Thrillist Video brings you the best local food stories and trends, from barbecue tips to odd jobs around the world.