Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: About 8 cups
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 8 ounces loose sweet Italian sausage (2 links uncased)
- 6 ounces loose chorizo
- 6 ounces kielbasa, diced
- 3 hotdogs (about 4 ounces), sliced into ½-inch rounds
- 2 cooked bratwursts (about 6 ounces), diced
- 2 andouille sausages, diced
- 1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Set a large Dutch oven over medium heat and add the olive oil. Once hot, add onions and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are soft and lightly caramelized, about 5 to 7 minutes. Add peppers, chili powder, cumin, and thyme; continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and return Dutch oven to the stove over medium-high heat. Add Italian sausage and chorizo; cook, breaking meat into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. Add kielbasa, hot dogs, bratwursts, and andouille; cook, stirring occasionally, until all sausages are warmed through, about 15 minutes.
- Drain excess grease from the pot and add tomatoes; bring to a simmer. Stir in vinegar and basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste; cook for a final 5 minutes.