These Mac & Cheese Nachos Just Won the Comfort Food Game
- 5 pork sausage bratwursts
- ½ cup Cheddar cheese
- 8-10 large jalapeño peppers
- 16 ounces sour cream
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 limes, juiced
- ¼ cup green onions
- ¼ cup cilantro
- To make the cilantro-lime dip, combine the sour cream, garlic cloves, lime juice, green onion, and cilantro in a food processor. Pulse until smooth, and set aside.
- Remove the bratwurst from its casing and add it to a small bowl along with the Cheddar cheese.
- Remove the stems and seeds from inside the jalapeños.
- Stuff the bratwurst and cheese mixture inside each pepper.
- In an oiled skillet over medium heat, cook each pepper for 8-10 minutes, until the exterior is lightly charred.
- Remove and bake in the oven for an additional 10 minutes (or until the pork is cooked through).
- Top with additional cilantro and serve with the cilantro-lime dip on the side.