Sit Back With A Brazilian Bayou Cocktail This Weekend
Inspired by Proctails, we're getting whisked away down south with this Brazilian Bayou cocktail. Made with fresh watermelon puree, cachaça, and lime juice, then garnished with a skewer of Cajun grilled shrimp, this cocktail is perfect way to sip through the summer.
- 2 Ounces Cachaca
- 1 Ounce fresh squeezed lime juice
- 4 Small basil leaves
- 2 Ounce watermelon puree
- 3 Drops celery bitters
- 2 Drops sweet bitters
- Ground cayenne salt rim
- Cajun shrimp
- First, cook your shrimp in a cajun style seasoning (cayenne pepper, dried oregano, dried thyme, red pepper flakes, onion powder, ground black pepper, paprika, garlic powder, salt). This will be used for garnish.
- In a blender, puree half of a watermelon to make fresh watermelon puree.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice and add the watermelon puree, cachaca, sweet bitters, celery bitters, lime juice, and basil. Shake vigorously.
- Mix salt and cayenne pepper on a plate. Rim your glass with a lime and then dip it into the salt and cayenne mixture. Then pour the cocktail into the glass.
- Garnish with cajun shrimp and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.