This Himalayan Salt Block is the Perfect Hack for Aspiring Cooks
Breakfast Cereal Cookies
Total Time: 30 minutes
Yield: 12 cookies
- 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 stick unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- 2 cups cereal (any kind you like, or a mix)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add flour mixture to bowl and beat until just combined. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Place cereal in a bowl. Taking 3 tablespoons at a time, shape dough into balls and roll them in the cereal until coated. Place cookies on the prepared baking sheets, leaving a few inches between each cookie. Bake until golden, 12-15 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan for a couple minutes then transfer to a wire rack.
- Eat with a cold glass of cereal milk, or make them into cereal-milk-ice-cream sandwiches if you're really feeling inspired.