These Hash Brown Egg Nests Are an Entire Breakfast in One Bite
Bacon? Check. Hash browns? Check. Eggs, seasoning, and all the cheese you could possibly want? Also check. We're big fans of efficiency here at Thrillist, so it's easy to see why we're hooked on this easy recipe by Food Steez -- it combines all of our favorite breakfast foods and shrinks them down into a batch of hash brown egg nests. Each one is essentially a miniature breakfast platter unto itself, and they're equally delicious as they are adorable.
Hash Brown Egg Nests
- 15 ounces frozen shredded hash browns, thawed
- 1½ cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8-12 medium eggs (depending on muffin tin)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the hash browns, salt, pepper, olive oil, and 1 cup cheddar cheese. Mix well. Using your fingers, tightly pack the hash brown mixture into each nest.
- Place the tray in the oven to cook. Bake at 425°F for approximately 15 minutes, or until the hash brown edges have become crispy and the cheese has melted.
- While the nests are baking, cook off your bacon in a pan, removing it when adequately crispy. Place the slices on a paper towel-lined plate to let the oil drain out, and then chop the bacon into crumbled bits.
- Take the muffin tray out of the oven and crack an egg into each nest. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and top with cheddar cheese, crumbled bacon, and parsley.
- Set the tray back in the oven and bake at 350°F for approximately 13-16 minutes, or until the egg whites set.
- Let the nests cool slightly, and gently slide a knife along the edges of the pan to loosen each one. Use a fork to lift each out of the pan, and serve.