Sriracha Bacon Onion Rings Bring the Heat Like Never Before
Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Stuffed Muffins Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour
Yield: 6 jumbo muffins
- Cooking spray
- 6 eggs
- 6 pre-cooked pork breakfast sausage patties
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 beaten egg
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 cup milk
- 6 slices American cheese, quartered into 4 squares
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Spray 6 molds of a standard size muffin tin with cooking spray and crack one egg in each mold. Fill the empty molds halfway with water. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Brown sausage patties according to package instructions.
- Remove eggs from oven and increase temperature to 400°F. Grease a jumbo muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, mix together cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add beaten egg, oil, and milk; stir gently to combine. Divide half the batter evenly among muffins molds.
- In each muffin mold, place 2 quarter-slices of cheese over the batter, top with sausage, 1 more quarter-slice of cheese, baked egg, and 1 more quarter-slice of cheese. Fill to the top with remaining batter. Bake until muffins are puffed and begin to brown, about 20 minutes.