Meat Flowers Are Here to Give You The Best Valentine's Day
Breakfast Sausage and Red Velvet Pancakes on a Stick
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons red liquid food coloring
- 1 package of mini breakfast sausages
- canola oil for frying
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Wooden skewers
- Sift together first 6 ingredients into a large bowl. Whisk together buttermilk and next 3 ingredients in another bowl. Add red food coloring and gradually stir buttermilk mixture into flour mixture just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Cook sausages on skillet. Remove and place on paper towel. Wipe off all grease so pancake batter is not greasy.
- Heat a large pot with oil at a temperature range between 350 and 375 degrees F. Stick skewers into cooked breakfast sausages. Dip into pancake batter until thoroughly covered.
- Place pancake covered breakfast sausage skewer into oil and fry until golden brown. Fill a cup with maple syrup for dipping, sprinkle on powdered sugar and enjoy!