These Onion Rings Are Stuffed With Cheeseburgers
Buffalo Chicken Lasagna Super Bowl Recipe
Total Time: 1 hour, 30 minutes
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 pounds chicken breasts
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 cup chopped celery
- ½ cup minced Italian parsley
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle cayenne pepper sauce (like Frank’s)
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 12 lasagna noodles
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Chopped scallions, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper; place them in an even layer on a greased baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until completely opaque all the way through and registers 165°F on an instant-read thermometer.
- In a mixing bowl, mix ricotta cheese, blue cheese, celery, parsley, and egg, set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain and drizzle with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Let chicken cool slightly before shredding it. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Combine hot sauce with butter and mix with chicken.
- Spread a little of the chicken mixture on the bottom of a greased 13x9-inch casserole dish. Spread 4 noodles in an even layer over that, followed by a third of the ricotta mixture, then 1 cup mozzarella cheese, and ⅔ cup Cheddar cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Uncover; bake 25 minutes longer or until cheese is bubbly. Let cool for 10-15 minutes before slicing and serving with scallions.