Here's How To Make Awesome Buffalo Chicken Poppers
Coating chicken breasts in breading made of corn flakes is good. Baking up that chicken and smothering it with buffalo sauce is even better. Topping it off with blue cheese and cilantro, then dipping the bite-size chicken poppers in ranch dressing is the best. Thanks Food Steez.
Buffalo Chicken Poppers
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 5 cups corn flakes cereal
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1cup blue cheese crumbles
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- additional toppings:
- blue cheese crumble
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place the bite-sized pieces of chicken in a large bowl. Add flour and stir to coat each piece. Set aside.
- Place the corn flakes, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and smoked paprika into a food processor. Pulse 4-5 times in a food processor until the mixture is in fine crumbles. Not completely crushed; some larger pieces can remain. Pour into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs together in a small bowl.
- Dip each piece of floured covered chicken in the egg mixture, letting any excess drip off. Then generously roll in the cornflake mixture, shaking off any excess. Place onto the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with all chicken bites.
- Bake for about 18 minutes, flipping once at the 9-10 minute mark. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Carefully place the chicken bites into a large bowl. Add the buffalo sauce and gently stir to coat.
- Prepare the dipping sauce by stirring mayo, sour cream, milk, and Worcestershire in a medium bowl. Top with blue cheese crumble and cilantro. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle ranch and sprinkle cilantro on top of buffalo poppers and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.