This Boozy Shortcake Sundae Is What You Deserve for Adulting
Ice cream sundaes are a childhood staple -- the (literal) cherry on top of every meal, pending mom's approval. And they're still delicious now, but they're even BETTER now that you can drink them with a float of Champagne. Fizzy, boozy, and guaranteed to satiate your sweet tooth -- what's not to like about DrinksMadeEasy's boozy shortcake sundae? You've earned it, kid. Now watch the video to see how it's done.
Boozy Shortcake Sundae
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pint fruit sorbet
- 1 cup Champagne or other sparkling wine
- 1 loaf store-bought pound cake
- 2 pinches granulated sugar
- 2 splashes gin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cube the pound cake and place it on a tin foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly splash with gin and sprinkle it with granulated sugar.
- Place it in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown and the sugar has caramelized. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In each serving dish, add 2 scoops of sorbet and and top with ½ cup of Champagne. Add the pound cake cubes to each dish, and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.