Get Your Boba Tea Fix in Italian Ice Form
Boozy Shortcake Sundae
Yield: 2 servings
- 1 pint fruit sorbet
- 1 cup Champagne or other sparkling wine
- 1 loaf store-bought pound cake
- 2 pinches granulated sugar
- 2 splashes gin
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cube the pound cake and place it on a tin foil-lined baking sheet. Lightly splash with gin and sprinkle it with granulated sugar.
- Place it in the oven and bake until the edges are golden brown and the sugar has caramelized. Remove from heat and let cool completely.
- In each serving dish, add 2 scoops of sorbet and and top with ½ cup of Champagne. Add the pound cake cubes to each dish, and serve.