Grab the Skillet for This Charred Lemon Gin Sparkler
When life gives DrinksMadeEasy lemons, they char 'em up, and mix the smokey juice with gin, rosemary, and sparkling wine for a bubbly sparkler. When life gives you lemons, you should do the same.
Charred Lemon Gin Sparkler
- For the charred lemon juice:
- 3 lemons, halved
- For gin rosemary mixer:
- 3 sprigs of rosemary, cut in half
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1/2 cup gin
- 1/2 cup charred lemon juice
- For each cocktail:
- 2 oz. cup gin rosemary mixer
- Sparkling wine
- Rosemary sprig for garnish
- For the charred lemon juice: Preheat cast iron or stainless steel skillet over high heat. Add lemon halves cut side down and cook until well charred, about 2 minutes. Let cool. Then juice the lemons, straining out seeds.
- For gin rosemary mixer: In a mason jar, combine the gin, lemon juice, and sugar. Give it a stir. Add the rosemary and refrigerate.
- To make the cocktail, fill a glass with ice. Pour in gin rosemary mixer through a fine-mesh strainer. Top with sparkling wine. Garnish with a sprig of fresh rosemary and serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.