Why Taco Bell Killed the Secret Machine That Makes 900 Tacos per Hour
- ½ pound ground beef
- ½ pound chorizo
- ½ packet taco seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 4 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional toppings, as desired: sour cream, avocado, cheese, lettuce
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a silicone mat, place 2-3 ounces of Cheddar 2 inches apart. Press the cheese down lightly so it makes a sole layer.
- Place the baking sheet in the oven for 5-7 minutes or until the edges of the cheese are brown.
- Let the cheese cool for 2-3 minutes or until hard.
- In a buttered, medium-sized saucepan or skillet over medium heat, place down one of the cheese discs. Add the ground beef, chorizo, and shredded cheese, and top with the remaining cheese disc. Cook until the cheese is fully melted and then remove it from the pan.
- Top as desired with lettuce, salsa, guacamole, sour cream, and serve.