Party on Like Rudolph With This Red Nose Punch
Cheese-Stuffed Burger Dog
- ½ pound ground beef
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 block cheddar cheese, sliced to replicate cheese sticks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Hot dog buns
- Avocado, sliced, to garnish
- ½ white onion, sliced and sautéed
- Dijon mustard, to dress
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Slice the cheddar into sticks about the size of string cheese.
- Flatten the beef out into a rectangle, and place a "cheese stick" towards the bottom. Roll the beef up around the cheese, ensuring that the meat evenly conceals the stick. Season the beef with salt and pepper, or as desired with your choice of seasoning mix.
- Lay down two slices of bacon next to one another. Starting at one end, roll the first around the burger dog; then take the remaining slice and roll it around the burger dog in the opposite direction. Ensure that the entire dog is wrapped in bacon and use an additional slice if needed.
- Place the bacon-wrapped burger dog in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat. Make sure that the bacon strip ends are facing downwards in order to "seal" them shut so that they remain intact around the dog. Rotate and sear until the bacon is evenly crispy.
- Place the dog in the oven for 5 to 10 minutes so that beef is fully cooked.
- Remove the dog from the oven. Place it in a bun and top with sliced avocado, sautéed onions, and Dijon mustard. Serve.