- 1 packet Spicy Nacho Doritos (or another flavor of your choosing)
- 1 block red cheddar (red leicester), cut into large 5mm slices
- 1 block mature cheddar, cut into large 5mm slices
- 2 eggs, whisked with 1 tbsp water
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- sunflower oil, for deep
- Place one block of either cheese on a board. Lay the second cheese exactly on top of the other and trim to a neat square. Cut the square diagonally to form two cheese triangles (or 'doritos'). The force of you cutting the cheeses will ever so slightly 'weld' them together-this is useful for the next step!
- Place your chips, garlic powder and paprika in the bowl of a food processor. Mix until pretty fine (but not dust). Pop your flour, eggs and crumbs in separate bowls.
- Dip your cheese triangle in the flour, then the eggs, then the chip crumbs. Repeat this process to ensure you have a nice thick coating. Repeat until you have 6 triangles.
- Pop on a lined baking tray and freeze for two hours (or more if you have it).
- Heat your oil to 350ºF and fry the triangles for 3 or so minutes, or until you can see some of the cheeses attempting to escape.
- Drain on kitchen towel before serving.