Stay Classy This Winter With a Spiced Pear Tom Collins
Cheese Stuffed Pizza Pretzels
- 1 tube store-bought pizza dough
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella
- nonstick vegetable/coconut oil spray
- sliced pepperoni
- basil pesto or marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Unroll the dough into a rectangle and cut three horizontal slices about 4 inches wide each. This should leave you with three strips all about 3-4 inches wide.
- Take one strip and carefully stretch out to almost double its size. Sprinkle 2 cups of cheese down the center of each dough strip.(Be sure to save some cheese to sprinkle on top of the finished pretzel later). Fold the dough over the cheese, pressing to seal and rolling slightly to create 3 dough logs filled with cheese. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with vegetable oil.
- To form the pretzels, take one cheese filled dough log, carefully move it to the foil covered baking sheet, then form a circle with the ends of the log at the top of the circle. Twist the log ends around each other once and bring them down to meet the bottom of the circle. See video for example.
- Once pretzels are formed, top with pepperoni and more shredded mozzarella cheese. Place pretzels in pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Let rest for a few minutes and enjoy with a side of marinara or basil pesto for dipping!