Here's How To Make Cheesy, Meaty, Cheeseburger Poptarts
With lots of Monterey Jack, Colby, and American cheese, ground beef, and some refrigerated pizza dough, you can make BBQTricks' homemade cheeseburger pop tarts. Complete with onions, dill pickles, and steak seasoning, these'll satisfy all of your cheesy cravings, one tasty pocket at a time.
- ½ lb. lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp. minced onion
- 1 tbsp. steak seasoning blend (salt, pepper & garlic powder)
- 1 cup Monterey Jack/Colby shredded cheese blend
- 2 slices white American cheese
- 2 (14 oz) refrigerated prepared pizza dough sheets
- 12 hamburger dill pickle chips
- 6 American cheese slices
- egg wash (1 egg, beaten + 1 tbsp. water)
- 2 tbsp. sesame seeds
- Chill dough for easier handling. Preheat grill to medium. Using a cast iron skillet, brown ground beef and add minced onion and steak seasoning blend when cooked through.
- Toss in Monterey Jack/Colby cheese blend and sliced white American cheese. Stir until melted and well blended. Remove cheeseburger mixture from heat and set aside.
- Working quickly with chilled dough, roll out prepared pizza crust on parchment paper and brush on egg wash. Arrange American cheese slices to make 6 pop tarts.
- Top each cheese slice with ⅓ cup cheeseburger mixture, spreading slightly. Place 4 pickles on top of meat for each tart. Top with the remaining prepared pizza dough and cut between cheese slices to separate the 6 pop tarts.
- Using kitchen scissors, cut the parchment to further separate, and seal the edges with egg wash and a fork. Baste tops with remaining egg wash and sprinkle each with sesame seeds.
- Grill 5 minutes per side. Serve with sliced tomatoes, ketchup and mustard.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.