This Spiced Apple Toddy Is the Cure for Winter
Cheesy Tortellini Pepperoni Pizza Casserole
- 1½ pounds tortellini, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 cup pizza sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 slices prosciutto
- Fresh basil leaves
- ½ tablespoon Italian spice seasoning
- 2 cups whole milk
- ¼ cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon plain flour
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook tortellini according to the package instructions.
- Add olive oil to a medium-sized saucepan, and fry pepperoni slices until lightly crisped. Add garlic, stirring frequently for 30 seconds before adding the Italian spice seasoning, flour, and milk. Whisk constantly, ensuring that the sauce becomes creamy and smooth instead of lumpy.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir thoroughly. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the cooked tortellini in a deep baking dish (similar to one used for baking lasagna). Cover with the milk sauce and pizza sauce, stirring lightly until the sauces are somewhat mixed.
- Top with a generous sprinkle of mozzarella, basil, and prosciutto.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes. When ready, let the tray rest for a few minutes, and serve.