Mozzarella-Stuffed Cheetos Chicken Fingers Are Dangerously Cheesy
Licking Cheetos dust off your fingers is a simple delight, but coating chicken fingers in crushed Cheetos takes the concept to a whole other level. And when those tenders get stuffed with mozzarella cheese? Now we're really talkin'.
Cheetos Chicken Fingers Recipe
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 quart vegetable oil
- 8 chicken tenders (about 1 pound)
- 2 mozzarella string cheese sticks, quartered lengthwise
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 (8 ½-ounce) bag Cheetos, finely crushed
- Preheat oil to 325℉ in a deep fryer or heavy pot fitted with an oil thermometer.
- Using a paring knife, cut a pocket, lengthwise, into a chicken tender, being careful not to cut all the way through and also not to cut through the ends. Stuff the chicken with mozzarella and close it back up. Repeat with remaining chicken tenders.
- Working with one at a time, dredge the stuffed chicken in flour, then eggs, then Cheetos, pressing to make sure the crumbs adhere.
- Carefully drop chicken tenders into the hot oil without overcrowding the pan; cook for 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to drain. Repeat with the rest. Serve immediately.