The Chicago Dog Martini Is the Beer Cocktail You Didn't Know You Needed
It's no secret one of the best American summer duos is beer and hotdogs. Chicago Reader inspired us to combine the two into the ultimate Chicago Dog Martini, made with a homemade beer and celery salt reduction, gin, and vodka, garnished with a fully loaded Chicago hotdog that's a real... homerun.
- 1.5 oz gin
- 1 oz vodka
- .5 oz beer/celery salt reduction:
- 6 oz sugar
- 12 oz golden beer (ale, lager, pilsner, kolsch)
- 6 tbsp celery salt
- 2 tbsp celery seed
- mini Chicago-style Hot Dog, for garnish:
- Cocktail weenie
- 1 cherry tomato, wedged
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped white onion
- ½ tsp sweet relish
- Dill pickle, thinly sliced
- Yellow mustard, for topping
- Pour 12 ounces of golden beer into a saucepan, and reduce over low heat for an hour.
- Remove from heat and add six ounces of sugar, six tablespoons of celery salt, and two tablespoons of celery seed. Let cool, then strain.
- Pour all ingredients except garnish into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Strain into a coupe glass and garnish with a mini Chicago-style hot dog.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.