Total Time: 50 mins
Yield: 12 servings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 10 small flour tortillas
- 1 ear of corn, roasted
- 1 10 oz can of red enchilada sauce
- 1 14 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 oz of chopped green chiles
- 1 cup shredded Mexican-blend cheese
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 cup green onion, diced
- 1/2 cup of your favorite hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 375F. Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a boil. Add olive oil, salt and pepper to the pot. Then add in the chicken breasts and cook for 20-25 minutes (or until internal temperature of the meat reaches 165F).
- Remove the cooked chicken and shred the meat in a medium mixing bowl with two forks. Set aside.
- Spray a standard muffin pan with non-stick spray. Tuck a tortilla into each of the cups of the muffin pan, gently pleating the edges of the tortillas so that they fit snugly inside each cup. Bake the tortilla cups, until they have hardened, about 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and set aside.
- Roast the corn by placing the ear of corn directly on the stove top. Using tongs, rotate corn so that it is roasted and charred on all sides. Remove, let cool, and slice kernels off of the cob.
- Combine the enchilada sauce, black beans, green chiles, chicken, and corn together in a large mixing bowl. Stir until fully combined.
- Carefully spoon the filling into each tortilla cup until the cup is filled nearly to the brim. Sprinkle cheese on top of each tortilla cup. Then return the pan to the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Remove the cups from the oven, and garnish them with the cilantro, green onion, and hot sauce. Enjoy!