Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
Chicken Parmesan Zucchini Boats
Total Time: 45 minutes
Yield: 4 boats
- 2 chicken breasts
- 4 oz. panko breadcrumbs
- 2 oz. parmesan
- 2 oz. tomato sauce
- 5.5 oz. buffalo mozzarella
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup plain flour
- 2 zucchinis
- sunflower oil for frying
- salt & pepper for seasoning
- Wash and dry your zucchinis.
- Split them down the middle (leaving the top and bottom intact), then hollow out the flesh from each half using a teaspoon.
- Continue until you have a nice hollow to fill.
- Season each half with salt and pepper, as well as a little olive oil if you like, and pop in an oven preheated to 320ºF for about 15 minutes.
- While the zucchinis are in the oven, get on with your chicken. Dip each breast in flour, then egg, then parmesan crumbs. Repeat if necessary to ensure that you have a nice crust.
- Fry in a good lug of sunflower oil on both sides, turning occasionally, until you have a nice golden crust and the chicken is just cooked through.
- Dice up your crispy chicken and load your zucchini boats (which should be ready at this point).
- Top each with tomato sauce, mozzarella, parmesan and a good lug of oil, then pop in the oven at 350ºF for 10 minutes.