Drink This Winter Bourbon Smash and Conquer Cold Weather Forever
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breast filets, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 bell peppers (various colors), cut in half with seeds removed
- 3-4 slices of provolone cheese
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a medium pot to a boil on medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover. Add the chicken, and allow it to cook until heated through (this usually takes 15-25 minutes, depending on the size). Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar, and a ½ cup of red onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut bell peppers in half, removing the seeds and the core.
- Distribute chicken among the three peppers. Sprinkle with more onion and cilantro.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and mist them with nonstick oil. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake 30-35 minutes, until peppers are slightly soft.
- Take the bell peppers out of the oven and top each half with a slice of provolone. Place them back in the oven, uncovered, and bake until cheese is browned and slightly bubbly (about 5-10 minutes). Serve.