These Chicken-Stuffed Peppers Are Flavor Bombs Waiting to Explode
You've probably had chicken, provolone, and peppers on a sandwich, so you already know it's a solid flavor combination. We're not trying to reinvent the wheel, but you need this recipe by Food Steez in your life right now, because the pulled chicken goes inside the pepper, with melted cheese on top. Maybe you're looking to cut out some carbs. Maybe you just really like stuffing foods inside other foods. Maybe you don't need a special reason because these things are super easy to put together. Check out the video to see how it's done.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 chicken breast filets, shredded
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 3 bell peppers (various colors), cut in half with seeds removed
- 3-4 slices of provolone cheese
- Cilantro, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a medium pot to a boil on medium-high heat. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and cover. Add the chicken, and allow it to cook until heated through (this usually takes 15-25 minutes, depending on the size). Always check the temperature with a meat thermometer.
- Remove the chicken, shred, and place in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the garlic, cayenne pepper, salt, balsamic vinegar, and a ½ cup of red onion. Mix thoroughly.
- Cut bell peppers in half, removing the seeds and the core.
- Distribute chicken among the three peppers. Sprinkle with more onion and cilantro.
- Place the peppers on a baking sheet and mist them with nonstick oil. Cover the baking dish with foil and bake 30-35 minutes, until peppers are slightly soft.
- Take the bell peppers out of the oven and top each half with a slice of provolone. Place them back in the oven, uncovered, and bake until cheese is browned and slightly bubbly (about 5-10 minutes). Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.