This Cheeseburger Is an Egg Lover's Dream
Chili Cheese Hasselback Potatoes
- 6 medium-sized Yukon potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 (~14-ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 1 (16-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 2 jalapeño peppers, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Heat the oven to 425°F. Wash and dry the potatoes.
- Cut slits into potatoes ¾ of the way down so the potato stays intact and each slit is ¼-inch apart. Place the potatoes on a small aluminum foil-wrapped baking tray and brush them with olive oil.
- Put the potatoes in the oven to bake for 30 minutes (note: the potatoes will start to separate as they cook).
- While the potatoes are baking, begin cooking the chili in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook the beef until no longer pink and drain the fat. Add the remaining chili ingredients and bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven and stuff the slits with chili and cheese. Place them back in the oven to cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese melts. Remove from oven.
- Top each potato with a dollop of sour cream. Sprinkle with chives, and serve.