This Chili Chocolate Sombrero Is the Spicy, Boozy Hot Cocoa You Needed
Fun fact: Eating spicy food may or may not help you achieve immortality. So we figure -- drinking spicy things might be a good idea, too, you know? If nothing else, it's at least pretty damn tasty: case in point, this chili chocolate sombrero from DrinksMadeEasy. It takes the heat of cayenne and dried chile and mellows them out just enough with some Kahlúa, cream, and melted chocolate. Hey, you don't want to take this health thing TOO far, right? Here's how it's done.
Chili Chocolate Sombrero
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1½ ounces Kahlúa or coffee liqueur
- Heavy cream, to taste
- Cayenne pepper, to garnish
- 1 dried chili, to garnish
- To melt the chocolate chips, place them in a metal or ceramic vessel and and slowly add hot water, mixing constantly, until gooey. Dip the rim of the cocktail glass in the chocolate. Allow to cool and harden; set aside.
- To make the cocktail, pour the Kahlúa over ice in the chocolate-rimmed cocktail glass. Top with heavy cream to taste, cayenne pepper, and garnish with a dried chili. Serve.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.