Treat Yourself to the Best Breakfast Ever With This Churro French Toast
It's universally acknowledged that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and what better way to make it count than with Twisted's recipe for Churro French Toast? This creative concoction puts a decadent twist on the classic brunch dish, boasting big flavors through piquant cinnamon, sweet vanilla, and fresh brioche, all finished with a succulent drizzle of cream cheese frosting and melted dark chocolate. Oh, and it has berries, which means it's almost healthy. Almost.
Churro French Toast
- 1 large brioche loaf (or other sweet bread)
- 2 eggs
- 6¾ ounces milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¾ ounces butter
- Cream cheese drizzle (3 tablespoons cream cheese, 3 tablespoons milk, 1¾ ounces sugar icing, 1 dash vanilla extract)
- Cinnamon sugar coating (2 teaspoons ground cinnamon, 1¾ ounces brown sugar, 1¾ ounces caster sugar)
- Melted dark chocolate, to garnish
- Mixed berries, to garnish
- Slice the bread into rectangles and set aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine eggs, milk, and vanilla extract. Whisk vigorously and set aside.
- Make The Cream Cheese Drizzle: In a separate, small bowl, combine cream cheese, 3 tablespoons of milk, sugar icing, and a dash of vanilla extract. Stir well until the mixture is smooth.
- Melt butter in a medium-sized pan, and keep warm. Dip each piece of bread into the egg-milk wash and rotate it to ensure that each one is evenly coated. Place each piece of bread in the pan and cook until the exterior is golden brown.
- Make The Cinnamon Sugar: In a separate bowl, mix ground cinnamon, brown sugar, and caster sugar. Stir thoroughly, and drop each piece of bread in the bowl, covering each one with the cinnamon sugar mix. Tap off the excess powder.
- Finish with cream cheese drizzle and melted chocolate. Garnish with strawberries, blueberries, and raspberries, and serve.