This Cheeseburger Is an Egg Lover's Dream
Cinnabon Sloppy Joe Recipe
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup-style chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 6 Cinnabon cinnamon rolls, frosting separate
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add beef, increase heat to medium-high and cook, breaking up the beef with a wooden spoon, until browned, about 10 minutes. Discard excess grease. Stir in tomato sauce, chili sauce, Worcestershire, vinegar, sugar, salt, and pepper. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring frequently, for 15 minutes.
- Cut cinnamon rolls in half, like hamburger buns. Spread butter evenly on the cut sides. Heat a griddle or nonstick skillet over medium. Place buns, buttered-side down, on the griddle until golden brown, about 2 minutes.
- Place the bottom halves of the buns, cut-side up, on individual plates. Top each with a generous heap of Sloppy Joe filling and cover with the bun tops. Spread cream cheese frosting on tops.