Potato Skin-Breaded Queso Balls Will Make All Other Apps Obsolete
Clementine, Whiskey & Wine Cocktail
- 5 clementines, peeled and segmented
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 ounces homemade clementine simple syrup
- 3 ounces whiskey
- ½ lemon, juiced
- Maraschino cherries, to garnish (optional)
- 3 ounces red table wine, to float
- Make clementine simple syrup: In a medium saucepan, stir together the clementines, sugar, and water. Bring to a boil and reduce the heat to medium-low. Simmer for approximately 5 minutes. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing the clementine segments to extract as much liquid as possible. Let cool in the refrigerator.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, add whiskey, clementine simple syrup, and lemon juice. Cover, shake vigorously, and strain it into the cocktail glass over ice and cherries.
- Add a spoonful of red wine to the rim of the glass. Serve.