This Is Your NYC Go-To For Authentic Empanadas
Total Time: 15 minutes
Yield: Serves 4
- 1⁄2 ear grilled corn
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1⁄4 cup cooked, crumbled bacon
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package ranch dip mix
- 1 cup chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 chopped roma tomato
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- First, grill an ear of corn, either on an outdoor grill or by placing it on a gas burner until it's lightly charred. Barring that, just use regular corn. No sense burning the house down.
- Cook your bacon, then chop it into little bits, reserving some for snacking.
- Chop your veggies. The romaine should be shredded, the tomato diced small, and the corn... corny (just slice it off the husk)
- Combine the cream cheese, sour cream, and ranch in a medium mixing bowl, then mix until they're nice and smooth, then spread the mixture on the bottom of a skillet. If you don't have a skillet, any pan should do the trick.
- Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, cheddar cheese, corn, bacon, and blue cheese on top.
- Serve with tortilla chips. Or just eat it with your hands.