This Cola La Cocktail Will Make You See Whiskey & Cola in a Whole New Way
You can't spell "love" without "whiskey." That's not remotely true for obvious reasons, but you get the idea -- the good people of planet Earth are rightly obsessed with the stuff, whether it's in the form of whiskey-infused coffee, boxed whiskey, or simply the key to immortality. But if you're looking for something a bit more straightforward, try the Cola La by DrinksMadeEasy. It's a high-class, fruit-fortified version of the classic whiskey and cola. Watch the video above to fall in love with your new favorite cocktail.
Yield: 2 cocktails
- 1 pint cherries, pitted
- 4 ounces rye whiskey, divided
- 3 cups cola, such as Pepsi or Coca Cola
- ½ ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Combine the cherries, 1 ounce rye whiskey, and 1 cup cola in a bowl. Cover and let chill.
- Let the remaining cola flatten, and freeze it in an ice cube tray.
- To make the cocktail, place 5 cherries and 1 ounce of the rye-cola mixture into an old fashioned glass. Muddle the cherries.
- In a cocktail shaker filled with ice, combine 1½ ounces rye whiskey and ¼ ounce lemon juice. Shake vigorously until well-chilled.
- Strain the mixture into the cocktail glass with the muddled cherries, and add 4-5 of the cola ice cubes.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.