At a recent Yankees game, I went -- alone -- to the concession stand, ordered a large Coke, a side of fries, and three corn dogs. I then hid in a hallway and shame-ate two of those corn dogs faster than Gregorius could round the hot corner. After, I returned to my seat and shared the remaining dog and fries with my date like a respectable lady.
All of this is to say: I effing love corn dogs. And the more I can house in a socially acceptable fashion, the better. Which is why I made them in bite-size muffin cups -- no one will be able to keep count of how many I eat.
Corn Dog Mini-Muffins Recipe
- 1 (8 ½ ounce) box Jiffy corn muffin mix
- ⅓ cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 beef franks, cut into ½-inch pieces
- Ketchup and mustard for serving
- Mini-muffin pan
- Preheat oven to 375℉. Lightly coat a 24-cup mini-muffin tin with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine muffin mix, buttermilk, and egg. Stir with a rubber spatula until just combined (don’t over mix; lumps are OK).
- Scoop 1 tablespoon batter into each cup and place 1 hot dog piece into the center. Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool for 5 minutes on a wire rack before serving.