Get to Grilling This Buttery Cowboy Porterhouse
Ballistic BBQ not only grills up the perfect steak, they're also showing us how to step it up. Make this ridiculously rich compound butter to drench your juicy cut of meat in with a red wine reduction, butter, blue cheese, and bone marrow.
- salt and pepper (for steak seasoning)
- 1 1/2 cups red wine
- beef bones (for bone marrow)
- 1/2 cup cubed, unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- To make compound butter, reduce 1 1/2 cups red wine to 1/8 cup. Roast beef bones in oven at 425º for marrow. Mix marrow with 1/2 cup cubed unsalted butter.
- Then fold in 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese.
- Scoop mixture onto plastic wrap. Push crevasses into mixture and drizzle cooled reduced wine into openings, seal with mixture to keep wine inside of butter.
- Roll mixture in plastic wrap, take hold of both ends and twist tightly.
- Place mixture in freezer to set.
- While you wait for the butter to set, season your steak with salt and pepper and place it on the grill. Once the steak is all done, add on the compound butter.
- Serve and enjoy!
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.