Spinach and Artichoke Dip Pizza, the Ultimate Party Appetizer
Chipotle Cranberry Barbecue Chicken Sliders
Yield: 6 sliders
- 2 large chicken breasts, shredded
- 12 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 small dinner rolls or sweet rolls
- ½ cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel hair coleslaw
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- To make the apple slaw: Add all the apple slaw ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Taste and add additional sugar, vinegar, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and boil for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Let cool and set aside.
- To make the cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce: Whisk together all of the allotted sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and let cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thick.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, shred the cooked chicken breasts. Add the cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce, and mix well.
- When ready to serve, lay the bottom buns in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with sliced Cheddar and broil until melted (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Top the cheesy buns with approximately ¼ cup of of the cranberry-chipotle chicken followed by the apple poppy seed slaw. Serve immediately.