Cranberry-Chipotle Chicken Sliders Are the Best Thing You'll Eat All Day
Beyoncé and Jay Z; Ben and Jerry; chipotle and... cranberry? It's obviously a match made in heaven, but make the following recipe from Food Steez if you're still unconvinced. Chipotle-cranberry barbecue chicken sliders. Let that sink in, realize that you must have them, and then go forth and watch the video to see how it's done.
Chipotle Cranberry Barbecue Chicken Sliders
Yield: 6 sliders
- 2 large chicken breasts, shredded
- 12 slices sharp Cheddar cheese
- 12 small dinner rolls or sweet rolls
Cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce:
- ½ cup canned whole cranberry sauce
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ⅛ to ¼ teaspoon ground chipotle pepper, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon dried thyme
Apple poppy seed slaw:
- 1 (16-ounce) package angel hair coleslaw
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1-2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1½ teaspoons sugar, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon celery seeds
- ½ to ¼ teaspoon salt, to taste
- To make the apple slaw: Add all the apple slaw ingredients to a large bowl and mix until well combined. Taste and add additional sugar, vinegar, and salt to taste. Set aside.
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil. Add the chicken breasts and boil for 15-20 minutes until cooked through. Let cool and set aside.
- To make the cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce: Whisk together all of the allotted sauce ingredients in a small saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer and let cook for 2-3 minutes until slightly thick.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, shred the cooked chicken breasts. Add the cranberry chipotle barbecue sauce, and mix well.
- When ready to serve, lay the bottom buns in a single layer on a baking sheet. Top with sliced Cheddar and broil until melted (approximately 1-2 minutes).
- Top the cheesy buns with approximately ¼ cup of of the cranberry-chipotle chicken followed by the apple poppy seed slaw. Serve immediately.
Sign up here for our daily Thrillist email, and get your fix of the best in food/drink/fun.