Get Tacos Served On Crispy Cheese "Tortillas"
Mexican Eggnog with Cinnamon-Sugar Bacon
Total Time: About 1 day altogether
Yield: 6 (6-ounce) servings
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup almond meal/flour
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 12 egg yolks
- 2 cups spiced rum
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 12 slices center-cut bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- Combine milk, granulated sugar, almond meal, vanilla, and cinnamon stick in a large saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring constantly, for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Beat egg yolks until thick and light yellow. Remove the cinnamon stick from the milk mixture. Gradually whisk the egg yolks into the milk mixture.
- Return to low heat and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture is thick enough to coat a spoon, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Add rum to the mixture and stir well. Transfer to a glass container, cover tightly, and refrigerate overnight (or up to 2 days) before serving.
- Prepare the bacon about 20 minutes before serving. Preheat oven to 350℉. Line a baking sheet with foil and set a wire rack on top.
- Combine brown sugar and ground cinnamon in a shallow bowl. Dip bacon in the cinnamon-sugar, and spread the strips evenly on the rack. Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until crispy.
- Pour eggnog into mugs, sprinkle with allspice, and serve with warm cinnamon-sugar bacon.