These Mac & Cheese Nachos Just Won the Comfort Food Game
Slow Cooker Nachos Lasagna Recipe
Total Time: 2 hours, 20 minutes
Yield: 12 cups
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package chili seasoning
- 1 (13-ounce) bag restaurant-style tortilla chips
- 4 cups shredded cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- 12 ounces Velveeta, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 (16-ounce) jar tomato salsa
- 1 (4-ounce) jar sliced jalapeño peppers, drained
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat, and cook onions until translucent and starting to brown. Add beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until evenly brown. Drain excess fat. Add seasoning and cook for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Place 5-6 tortilla chips in an even layer covering the bottom of the slow cooker. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded cheese on chips. Spread 1/3 of the beef mixture over the cheese, followed by 1/3 of the beans then 1/3 of the Velveeta, 1/3 of the salsa, and 1/3 of the jalapeños. Repeat layers twice. Finish with remaining tortilla chips and shredded cheese.
- Set the slow cooker to high and cook for 2 hours, or 4 hours on the low setting.
- Serve small scoops to eat with a fork or with more tortilla chips if you're feeling adventurous. Keep the rest warm in the slow cooker until ready for seconds... and thirds... and fourths.